Life After Divorce

{September 7, 2008}   Silence is Deafening

At the end of our first two weeks together, Steve dropped me off at my house one morning on his way to work.  This was the first time I had even been home in those two weeks.  I ran into my sister on the way in the door and noticed that she had a big ugly rash on her stomach (she liked to wear belly shirts and actually had the belly to pull it off).  “What the hell happened to you???” I asked her with great love and care.  She told me that she had been to the doctor and had apparently contracted Scabies.  But not the nasty people scabies.  She got it from her cat.  The doctor explained that cat-scabies don’t like people, so it will be gone in a few days… but in the meantime, use this cream, blah blah blah.  [shudder]

So, later that afternoon, when I spoke to Steve, I made the mistake of relaying this conversation to him.  I had no idea at the time that he was from a long line of hyprchondriacs.  He made some excuse to get off the phone… and I didn’t hear from him for nearly a month.  Great, I thought… another one bites the dust.  Oh well.  Fucker.

I got a call in the middle of the night a few weeks later from Steve – Telling me that HE had scabies and that I gave it to him.  That is amazing, I said, since I NEVER HAD THEM.  I had not seen my sister for two weeks prior to her contracting them, so there is NO WAY I gave him anything since I hadn’t even seen him in weeks, and not at all since seeing my sister.  I was really pissed.  What an asshole.  Of course, he went around telling EVERYONE that I gave this to him.  He threw away all of his bedding (couldn’t just wash it??), including the $200 Ralph Lauren pillow cases and my pillows that I had left over there.  Grrrr.  I went to his apartment in the middle of the night and threw some cream at him.  My sister no longer needed it, as hers cleared up within days, as the doctor predicted.  I was really pissed and didn’t talk to him for at least another week.  Our joint birthday happened during all of this.

I called him on the morning of our birthday.  I wished him a happy birthday.  He mumbled the same in return.  Then he made up an excuse to get off the phone and said he would call me back.  He didn’t.  Jerk.  I don’t know why I ever talked to him again…


fancylori says:

I. have. no. words.


*the silence is deafening*

Wow! I can’t wait to hear how you guys rebounded from THAT!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

et cetera
%d bloggers like this: